タイトル
時間割コード: PE00001 日本語シラバス
Thesis Writing[Thesis Writing]
 
担当教員
キャノン タラ[CANNON TARA]
開講学部等 国際社会科学府 対象年次 1〜2 単位数 2 使用言語 英語
開講時期 秋学期 開講曜限   クラス Thesis Writing
特記事項  
ナンバリングコード
授業の目的  
Students will improve their ability to formulate a research question, conduct research, organize their findings, and compile them in a manner appropriate for graduate studies.

Throughout this course each student will prepare an extended piece of writing regarding a single topic of interest in his/her field of study. Students who have not yet decided on a thesis topic can also participate in this class without any difficulty.
 
授業計画
(項目説明)授業全体のスケジュールを示しています。学修計画を立てる際の参考にしてください。
 
1. General introduction to the course
2. Choosing a research topic
3. Refining the research topic; examining the organization of a thesis/dissertation
4. Formulating a specific research question; assessing texts and conducting a literature review (1)
5. Assessing texts and conducting a literature review (2); data collection methods
6. Dealing with contradictory or inconclusive findings during the literature review and data collection processes
7. Refining the research topic; explaining data
8. Evaluating data collected and identifying insufficiencies
9. Anticipating and addressing opposing arguments
10. Drawing conclusions
11. Refining conclusions
12. Identifying and proposing areas for further research
13. Re-evaluating logical flow; identifying insufficiencies in substance
14. Addressing insufficiencies in substance
15. Review
 
授業時間外の学修内容
(項目説明)授業全体を通して授業前に予習すべき内容、授業後に復習すべき内容を示しています。単位は、授業時間前後の予習復習を含めて認定されます。
 
Each student will work step by step to prepare an extended piece of writing regarding a single topic of interest in his/her field of study.
 
履修目標
(項目説明)授業で扱う内容(授業のねらい)を示す目標です。より高度な内容は自主的な学修で身につけることを必要としています。
 
Students will demonstrate a high degree of competence in the basic skills needed to write a thesis, including narrowing down the topic, writing a literature review, handling data, and addressing conflicting data and opposing arguments. In particular, students will understand the difference between writing a thesis and writing a journal article or academic essay.
 
到達目標
(項目説明)授業を履修する人が最低限身につける内容を示す目標です。履修目標を達成するには、さらなる学修を必要としている段階です。
 
Students will demonstrate a limited amount of competence in the basic skills needed to write a thesis, including narrowing down the topic, writing a literature review, handling data, and addressing conflicting data and opposing arguments.
 
成績評価の方法
(項目説明)成績評価の方法と評価の配分を示しています。
 
Quality of homework: 30%; attendance and overall participation: 20%; final report: 50%. Students must attend at least two-thirds of all class time and must receive a passing score on the final report.
 
成績評価の基準 -ルーブリック-
(項目説明)授業別ルーブリックでは評価の項目と、成績評価の基準との関係性を確認できます。(表示されない場合もあります。)
 
【成績評価の基準表】
秀(S)優(A)良(B)可(C)不可(F)
履修目標を越えたレベルを達成している履修目標を達成している履修目標と到達目標の間にあるレベルを達成している到達目標を達成している到達目標を達成できていない
履修目標:授業で扱う内容(授業のねらい)を示す目標
到達目標:授業において最低限学生が身につける内容を示す目標
 
授業の方法
(項目説明)教員が授業をどのように進めるのか、課題提出などの情報もあわせて示しています。
 
Students will prepare homework weekly to practice the skills introduced in class. Students will take previously submitted homework and revise/reformulate it repeatedly in order to improve it. Students will receive individualized feedback on their work.
 
教科書補足  
Distributed in class as necessary.
 
教員からの一言  
Let's aim to improve our English skills step by step, week after week.
 
↑ ページの先頭へ戻る